HISTORY

HISTORY

Founder : Kikuji ISHIMOTO.
He worked as a leading member of the Separatist Architecture Society while he was a student of the Department of Architecture at Tokyo Imperial University.
After graduation, he joined the Design Department of Takenaka Corporation.
He studied at the Bauhaus in Weimar, and sympathized with the new architectural current of thought.
After returning to Japan, he designed the headquarters building of Asahi Shimbun in Sukiyabashi, Tokyo. It is recognized as the monument of the separatist movement.

1927
Kataoka Ishimoto Architectural & Engineering Firm was established with the opportunity of designing Nihonbashi Shirakiya Department Store.
1931
Renamed Ishimoto Architectural & Engineering Firm.
1951
Renamed First-Class Architect Office, Ishimoto Architectural & Engineering Firm, Inc.
Kikuji Ishimoto assumed the posts of Representative Director and Chief, and Yasaji Nagano assumed the posts of Representative Director and Senior Managing Director
1954
Osaka Ishimoto Architectural & Engineering Firm and Hokkaido Ishimoto Architectural & Engineering Firm were established (merged in 1957).
1957
Osaka Branch (current Osaka Office) and Sapporo Branch (current Sapporo Office) were established.
1958
Kikuji Ishimoto was awarded the Medal with Blue Ribbon for his “contribution to the development of modern architectural design.”
1959
Yasaji Nagano assumed the posts of President and Representative Director.
1961
Ishimoto Architectural & Engineering Firm, Fukuoka Office was established.
1963
Founder , Kikuji Ishimoto passed away.
1964
Nagoya Branch (current Nagoya Office) was established.
1973
The Headquarters building as the 45 year anniversary commemorative project was completed.
1975
Sendai Sub-Branch (current Tohoku Office) was established.
1976
Ishimoto Architectural & Engineering Firm, Fukuoka Office was dissolved and the Fukuoka Sub-Branch (current Kyushu Office) was established.
1977
The company history of the 50 year anniversary of the foundation, “50 year trajectory” was compiled.
1984
Seiichi Furuhata assumed the posts of President and Representative Director.
1985
Yokohama Sub-Branch (current Yokohama Office) was established.
1986
K.I. Consultants Co., Ltd. was established.
1987
Celebrated the 60 year anniversary of the founding.
ISHIMOTO AMERICA was established in Portland, Oregon.
1992
ISHIMOTO AMERICA and IDC Japan jointly funded by IDC in the United States.
1997
Celebrated the 70 year anniversary of the founding.
Michio Sugawara assumed the posts of President and Representative Director.
Chugoku Office (current Hiroshima Office) was established.
2001
Shizuoka Office was established.
ISO 9001: 2000 certification acquired.
2005
Michio Sugawara assumed the posts of Chairperson and Representative Director and Makoto Ishii assumed the posts of President and Representative Director.
2007
Celebrated the 80 year anniversary of the founding.
2011
Makoto Ishii assumed the posts of President and Representative Director and CEO.
2012
Celebrated the 85 year anniversary of the founding.
2015
Okinawa Office was established.
2017
Makoto Ishii assumed the posts of Chairperson and Representative Director and CEO.
Masataka Nagao assumed the posts of President and Representative Director and COO.
Celebrated the 90 year anniversary of the founding.
2022
Celebrated the 95 year anniversary of the founding.